Comprehensive Dental Hygiene Services
We recommend visiting the dentist at least once every six months for your regular cleaning and exams and more often if you have periodontal disease. When you visit the dentist regularly and maintain a good hygiene routine of brushing and flossing at home, a beautiful, healthy smile is always within your grasp.
Dental Exams & Cleanings
Regular exams and cleanings are an essential part of every effective oral hygiene routine. When you visit the office of Dr. Albee in Rochester for your recare appointments, we will:
- Review your medical history and medications
- Obtain your dental X-rays and discuss findings
- Evaluate your gums to detect the presence of periodontal (gum) disease
- Look for tooth decay
- Perform an oral cancer screening exam
- Determine the state of current restorations (crowns, fillings, etc.)
- Thoroughly clean and polish the teeth, removing calculus (tartar) and plaque
- Develop a treatment plan specific to your dental needs
Dr. Albee recommends dental sealants on the back molars as they erupt, which usually occurs between the ages of six and twelve. We can place your sealant at the routine hygiene appointment so as to protect your teeth for years to come.
Fluoride is found in our water supply and has long been recognized as an effective agent in the fight against tooth decay. When ingested, fluoride can help prevent cavities as well as the build-up of plaque and calculus (tartar). Not only is fluoride helpful in preventing tooth decay, it can also help reverse some decay that already plagues your teeth. Dr Albee may recommend topical treatments, such as a gel or varnish, if you are not receiving enough fluoride. Fluoride treatments are performed during your or your child’s hygiene appointment.
Periodontal Disease Treatment
At Albee Family Dental in Rochester, we are dedicated to helping improve your oral health and providing you with a radiant, healthy smile. We offer periodontal (gum) disease treatment to help you achieve optimal oral health. Some of the periodontal services we provide include:
- Scaling and root planing (deep cleanings)
- Placement of Arestin®, a powdered form of tetracycline antibiotic. It is a painless process used to fight gum disease right at the source!
If you notice any swelling, redness, or bleeding in your gums, contact our office immediately to schedule an appointment with our hygienists. We have the training and experience necessary to help halt the progression of periodontal disease and get you on your way back to optimal oral health.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
Monday - Thursday: 8:30am-5:00pm
Closed Daily for Lunch: 1:00-2:00pm
Friday: By Appointment